ProTek R/C Differential Thrust Bearing Set, Part# PTK-2026. using precision caged ceramic balls. Looking for the perfect upgrade for your Team Associated or Team Losi Racing 1/10 scale ball differential? The ProTek R/C Caged Thrust Bearing Set offers hassle free installation while providing super smooth operation with the use of Ceramic balls.
This thrust bearing contains six ceramic 5/64" ball bearings caged on a hardened ring. These ceramic balls have been crafted to exact roundness and precision, offering increased performance over steel balls. During installation, the thrust bearing is sandwiched between the other two grooved hardened rings included in the package. The result is maximum smoothness, ultra convenience and unmatched performance.
Ceramic differential balls have many advantages over standard steel balls, such as decreased weight, higher RPM capabilities, increased corrosion and wear resistance, as well as reduced friction and vibration.
Advantages of Ceramic:
- High Speed: Ceramic differential balls can reach a resistance level of 1,200,000dN with grease lubrication, due to reduced slip, wear extent and heat productivity.
- Lightweight: The weight of ceramics is 60% lighter than steel, which decreases the centrifugal force and overall weight.
- Long Service Life: The service life of ceramic balls is 3 to 5 times longer than that of steel in comparable working conditions.
- Self Lubricating: Even when poorly lubricated or with no lubrication, ceramic differential balls will continue to function longer than steel under the same level of stress due to their self lubricating properties.
- Corrosion Resistance: Ceramic differential balls have excellent corrosion resistance, and will continue to function while corroded.
- High Rigidity: The elastic ration of ceramics is 1.5 times greater than that of steel, this dramatically increases the rigidity of the balls.
- Low Friction: Ceramic materials have a low friction force. Even under the conditions of boundary lubrication, the surfaces are extremely smooth, so its friction force is low and the rotational friction moment is low.
- Wear Resistant: The micro-hardness of ceramics can reach a Vickers Hardness level of HV1700 kg/mm2, which dramatically increases the wear-resistance.